Thursday, December 6, 2007

Blog Entry #5 Lorrie Morgan

I found the Sunday "Except Monday" by Lorrie Morgan when I was a little girl. I grew up being a country fan and this happen to be one of my faovirte songs. However, as I grew up I realized that the song had more meaning instead of just a fun beat. The song is a about a women letting go of a man and she does well all week until Monday when something reminds her of the man. I think it addresses womens rights because it shows that she is walking away from a relationship and standing up for herself. "To show me that your really sincere. That's not much time to change my mind" This line really showed me that she was standing her ground and saything that he needed to earn her and stop taking her for granted. I think this addresses the issue with women that say women stick around for men. Which in some cases is true but I think that this song proves that women do stand up for themselves and they say that they will be treated equally and they will get what is deserved. This song makes me feel like there are women out there that are treated poorly by men, which is sad, but it makes me feel as though there are women that are in same boat as me. Men can be so mean and cruel and sometimes women are viewed as though it was all their fault but some men do not treat their women as great as they should for everything they do. In terms of Lorrie Morgan, I think that she is a great musician and a great women. She has been through a divorce, a public one at that, and she came out on top and is still a triumphing artist!! She has been a favorite of mine for a very long time and was very excited to show her work in this blog!!

http://www.lyricsdir.com/lorrie-morgan-five-minutes-lyrics.html

No comments: